Hiii, it’s been a long I spoke about being Kind & Kindness here; to you, don’t you think?
It’s been a long I told you how kindness could lift you up or how being kind could help a soul near you.
Let me share with you a short story a biblical one at that ?.
This short story is about the life of Moses (ain’t something you haven’t heard before _I know.)
Moses was an Egyptian who ran away after he had just discovered that his secret of killing someone was known to all (see Exodus 2-3 for reference.)
He fled to Midian where he later found some ladies fetching water from the well to care for their flock. Just as they were trying to fill their troughs (pale or bucket) they got sent out or dismissed.
Then, Moses kindly offered to fetch the water for them and help them out in caring for their flocks.
After he did so, the ladies appreciated him and soon after brought him to their Father, Jethro.
Jethro was told all that had occurred at the well and how a kind stranger (Moses) helped them out.
And this made him very happy and pleased as he soon later gave one of his daughters (Zipporah) to him (Moses).
Yeah, and the rest is history (as they’d say.)
I want you to understand this dear reader;
- Moses was not after his own: Oh no, he wasn’t. He genuinely wanted to help them, not with the aim of getting something in return or an ulterior motive – he just wanted to really HELP them.
- Moses was genuine: Though he was on a run (literally) yet he stopped and helped them. Not for food or water and I bet he was not even seeking to find his “companion(wife)” at least not that moment.
My Main Point
There is this verse that goes like this in the scripture:
“…Thus says the LORD, for there will always be poor people in the world amongst you.” (Paraphrased.)
There will always be poor people around you, so help out no matter how little, no matter how small. Even if it is to share your bread with them.
And when you do so, do it with a pure heart, not for the fame or what you’d get in return.
Only do so because you want or choose to do so!
- Don’t grumble in your heart
- Don’t hold back
- Give with your whole heart. If you want to give, give with all your might my dear!
- Build treasures for yourself in heaven.
And you must know, I say this to you as I say it to myself; for I’m not perfect or without flaws.
So be kind; love your neighbour only as you love yourself (not more!)
And with this, I wish you a happy rest of the week ?!
Don’t forget to like, comment, and subscribe to my newsletter/share with your friends.