When you read the words “limiting beliefs” what comes to your mind first? Regrets, limits, limitations, unfulfillment, etc? Well, yeah.
Sometime last week or the last two weeks, I was thinking about it all. I knew certainly that I had some in my life but I didn’t know how much my beliefs were limiting me from GETTING MORE (And in a moment I will share some of my limiting beliefs list with you.)
Then, I took matters into my hand, scrolled through my Spotify for a podcast on it, and found this awesome pod. As I listened, I understood much more about it all and what I needed to do.
So far, I have been taking action towards it but I do not want to keep it to myself alone, so I thought to share it with YOU!
Understanding Limiting Beliefs:
Limiting beliefs are deeply ingrained thoughts or perceptions that hold us back from reaching our true potential.
They are often rooted in past experiences, societal expectations, or self-imposed restrictions.
These beliefs create barriers that hinder personal and professional growth, leading to missed opportunities and unfulfilled dreams.
Here are 2 Limiting Belief Examples:
Limiting Beliefs Around Money:
A person has his or her power to achieve greatness but may not be able to tap into it until he/she can destroy his limiting beliefs.
When you know you can surely achieve much more than your current income status but somehow you just haven’t been able to or when you eventually get there, something happens, and you end up spending it all and going back to ground zero.
It’s a sign that you have a limiting belief around money but you do not have to be afraid or frightened because it can be changed – yes, you can change. It would take effort and commitment from your end but it is possible to change your beliefs.
Limiting Beliefs About Love/Relationship:
I remember when I was a bit younger, I sat with my mom as she was losing my hair with me and she made a statement that she had always made to me but this time around, it sank deep within me, she said, “You are not beautiful (or you’re ugly) it’s just your dimples that are helping your case” and I just smiled and kept quiet as though nothing was said.
Before then, I have had certain times or situations when people would call me names, make jest of me, compare me to my siblings, and so on and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t push it off me and it even got to a moment when I was still in secondary/high school that a girl called me a funny name and I just couldn’t take it anymore, I broke down and cried.
Things like this happen a lot in today’s world and you must also relate. Maybe it’s an aunty or another family member that made a comment that was like a joke to them; they laughed and so did the rest of the family and so you gave a smile too but deep down you were hurt.
I understand, and I’m happy now that I’m much better and you too can be.
Limiting Beliefs around love, life, or relationships, with the short story I just shared above, could cause one to hate him/herself, hate love, and enter into toxic relationships because he/she feels less of themselves and doesn’t feel good enough. But, there is a solution, I mean, solutions.
8 Steps to Conquer Limiting Beliefs:
Here are 8 steps you can take to conquer your limiting beliefs:
- Recognize and Identify Limiting Beliefs: Begin by acknowledging and becoming aware of the limiting beliefs that are holding you back. Pay attention to negative thoughts and self-talk that arise in different areas of your life, such as love, work, relationships, and overall life satisfaction.
- Challenge Your Beliefs: Once you have identified your limiting beliefs, challenge them by questioning their validity and examining the evidence supporting or contradicting them. Ask yourself if these beliefs are based on facts or if they are simply assumptions or fears.
- Reframe Negative Thoughts into Positive Affirmations: Utilize positive affirmations to counteract negative self-talk and reinforce empowering beliefs. SelfPause.com offers an affirmation app that can guide you in creating personalized affirmations to replace self-limiting thoughts with positive, empowering statements. By consistently using affirmations, you can rewire your mindset and boost your self-confidence.
- Take Action: Taking action is crucial in overcoming limiting beliefs. Break down your goals into smaller, achievable steps and start taking action towards them. By proving to yourself that you are capable of progress, you can gradually build the confidence necessary to conquer your limiting beliefs.
RELATED POSTS: Get to know The ABCDE Method Of Prioritization
- Seek Support and Guidance: Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends, family, or like-minded individuals who can provide encouragement, guidance, and accountability. SelfPause.com offers a supportive community where you can connect with others on a similar journey, share experiences, and seek advice.
- Embrace Growth Mindset: Adopt a growth mindset that believes in continuous learning and improvement. View challenges as opportunities for growth rather than obstacles. Cultivate self-compassion and celebrate small victories along the way, acknowledging that progress is a process.
- Practice Self-Care and Mindfulness: Prioritize self-care and engage in activities that nurture your mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Incorporate mindfulness practices such as meditation or journaling to cultivate self-awareness and manage stress effectively.
- Utilize SelfPause’s Tools and Resources: Take advantage of the tools and resources provided by SelfPause.com to enhance your journey of conquering limiting beliefs. Use their affirmation app to reinforce positive thinking, access targeted learning modules, engage in guided reflection exercises, and benefit from the support of the community.
Remember, conquering limiting beliefs is a continuous process that requires patience, perseverance, and self-compassion.
By following these steps and leveraging the resources available, such as SelfPause.com’s affirmation app, you can gradually transform your mindset, overcome self-imposed limitations, and create a life filled with limitless possibilities.
P.S. Don’t forget to comment your thoughts or opinions, share with your loved ones (friends and families) and also take action on it all for yourself!
P.S.S. Be happy and Keep on Smiling ??.